Catching Up--July and early August events


     Summer is an impossible time to keep up with everything! And blogging is no exception. I barely have time to do my dishes and my laundry. So many special events happen in the summer, and we have had more than a usual amount that I need to tell about. This week alone we attended Brittney's temple sealing and marriage to Ritchie Orton on Thursday August 12th in the Oquirrh Mtn. Temple, Bryan Bennett's graduation from BYU, and Elder Brandon Tuttle's airport welcome home from his 2 yr. mission. A grandmother's dream week! Three grandchildren living the gospel and achieving their dreams and three families enjoying the rewards of teaching their children the gospel and living it in their homes. I feel so grateful for these incredible blessings my heart is just brimming over with gratitude.
     But let's back up a bit and talk about July.  The Fourth of July was on a Sunday, so we celebrated on the 3rd of July with a combination Independence Day celebration and Bascom Family Reunion. We started the day by joining other family members to watch the Bountiful Parade because Blake was doing his Eagle Scout Project by organizing people to carry flags in the parade from a collection of flags dating back to the 1800's. Todd, Brad and Alex all carried flags, and Aubrey was in the parade as part of her dancing group. So that was really fun to know someone in the parade, and the weather was absolutely perfect for a parade. I have written about our Family Reunion in the Family Newsletter and posted pictures, so I won't repeat that here except to say that it was an enjoyable day, and, as always I loved being with my family members for the day!

The girls held a delightful Pampered Chef bridal shower for Brittney the middle of July at our home. Loree did the decorations and that is why she is shown in this photo standing behind the refreshment table she designed and put together.  Isn't it beautiful? And isn't our bride beautiful?
Jana and Julie arranged for the Pampered Chef party and the food and  everything was so lovely. Here are a couple of other pictures I took that day. My friend Stephanie Palmer did the Pampered Chef part and here she is putting Brittney on the spot as she prepared our dessert.
Here are part of the guest deciding which of the gifts to give the bride.



In July we also attended a combination Birthday, Graduation and Farewell celebration for Jason, and had Rob and Jason and Natalie for dinner to celebrate Rob and Jason's birthdays, went to Ogden's cabin for dinner with our friends on the 24th and had Mistee and Aubrey here together for a few days, and then when we took Aubrey home on the 30th we went out to eat with Jana and Ron and Julie and Todd to celebrate Ron's birthday.


I know I took pictures of Aubrey and Mistee while they are here but they haven't shown up on my computer yet, so once again, I'll have to add them when I find them!! (which is usually NEVER)
The next event of note was a combination birthday and graduation dinner for Bryan  Saturday August 7th, which Loree invited us to share with them. Here is the whole Bennett family that night:





Well, time has run out. I will blog about all those other special events I mentioned above when I check in  next time.

1 comment:

Nicia said...

What a fun and busy month! Great pictures!