August , 2010--An incredible month!

So many things happened in the month of August there was NO time to think about a blog or anything that wasn't essential. It was an incredible month and amazingly several of the most important happenings were packed into ONE weekend! Brittney was married in the Oquirrh Mtn. Temple on August 14th, Bryan graduated from BYU the 14th and 15th (we only attended the smaller convocation on the 15th) , and Brandon returned home from his mission on Saturday the 16th! I wanted to mention also that Billy Bennett was able to be here for all three events since he flew out for Bryan's graduation anyway. So fun to get to see him ! Here are a few pictures we took at two of those very special events, Brandon's airport welcome and Bryan's graduation. :

Unfortunately, my camera battery died just as I went to take pictures at the temple after Brittney's wedding, so those pictures will have to be posted when I am able to get some from her.
I was overwhelmed with gratitude the whole month realizing what a blessing it was to be able to be a part of such important milestones in some of my grandchildren's lives, as well as feeling such tender feelings about them making such good choices in their lives.

I can't help but smile to notice once again that all of their names start with B...they are the BBB Bascom Bunch--and yet none of them have the Bascom last name! ( Billy and Brad are the other cousins about their age who also share that honor. Interesting that five of our older grandchildren have names that start with B! B is a GOOD letter.)

We were also involved in a lot of other things during August.... An ESL Graduation on August 3rd,  a Temple Initiatory Session on the 4th, Brittney's Temple Endowments on the 6th, Bryan's Birthday and Graduation Dinner at his parent's on the 7th,   a visit from Nicia on the 9th, Brandon's Welcome Home Open House on the 22nd, a Home Evening up in canyon with Mike and Jen and Loree and Bill and their families on the 23rd, a Stake High Priest Dinner on the 27th, and Sam Morrison's Birthday Open House in Sandy on the 28th!  Can you believe so many good things to be to all in one month?
In between all those good things, I had some real challenges. One of my back teeth broke off and I had two dentists appointments to take care of that, and  I had a skin cancer on my nose that Dr. Parkinson insisted needed to be taken care of and so after the big events I went in and had that done and had a pretty ugly looking nose for a few weeks, but with a band-aid and then cosmetics and my glasses to hide it I managed to look fairly presentable.
Time is flying by again this morning, so this will have to do for now!       

1 comment:

Nicia said...

I think I know what we need to get you Grandma...an extra camera battery!! That way you can just switch it out and not have to miss out on any pictures. :) You are SO busy it makes me tired just reading about it! But it just goes to show how amazing of a grandma you are. I had no idea you had some skin cancer removed. Hope that wasn't too painful! And hope the tooth wasn't too painful either. Love you!