My 77th Birthday "Tea Party"

I have the sweetest females in the world in my family. My four daughters, two daughter-in-laws and several of my granddaughters were all present for a very special birthday luncheon "tea" on June 21st they put on for me at our home, and you should have seen all those beautiful girls together. I was so very proud that they were all related to me I almost burst. I love them all more than I can express. Each one of them is as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside--just good, righteous, loyal, hard-working, lovely women and girls.
In addition, you should have seen the beautiful way they did up the "tea" (you know, we only had herb tea!!) but it was fun to call it a TEA PARTY for want of something unique.  The decorations, and the food were absolutely beautiful, as you can see in the pictures above.

Then, for a fun conclusion to the "Tea Party" we all dressed up in long dresses that Jana had saved from their teen-age growing up years and took pictures...unfortunately, my camera battery gave out after this picture was taken and I didn't get a picture of all the girls in their "finery."  We all got a good laugh because the girls and I looked like the dresses fit after all these years---until we turned around! None of us could do up the zippers!
 But that is what having babies does to you, and we all agreed our children are worth the extra inches we acquire! I can't wait to show you the other pictures the girls took--and you will see those extra inches are very becoming and not at all a problem! I just noticed I didn't get pictures of Kathy, Jennifer or Annie, who were all there--I have no idea where they were when I was taking these pictures. But they are just as beautiful and special as the girls I did get pictures of...I'll make sure I get them in the next post!

    

1 comment:

Nicia said...

How fun! I wish so badly I could have been there. Did you ever get our birthday message on your cell phone? Looks like you had a wonderful birthday celebration!