Using my discretionary time in a meaningful way

Anybody out there ever hit a brick wall when they can't decide what in the world they should be doing with their discretionary time? Of course, until you get to our stage of life most of you don't have much discretionary time--and it is something of a novelty to me, too!

 Even though Gary has been retired for years and years,  we have kept ourselves so busy until recently I haven't had many decisions to make about how to spend my time because it was mostly already decided for me--with church jobs, missions, family events, home and yard care etc. etc. However, lately my body hasn't been cooperating fully with doing all that I've always done, and so I have had to slow down. Hence, while I'm taking it easier (which means more down time) what are the most important things I could be doing so I'm not just lazing around???

    My sis, Darla, and I have pretty much the same problem even though she is ten years younger than I am because she has a chronic disease she has been battling for years, and she doesn't have much energy or strength. She has decided that what she should focus on are the things no-one else can do or would do, such as writing her life history (she is actually doing a picture history for herself and each of her family members!)
    I decided she is right on--now I will think on that and decide  what that means to ME. What do I really want to do that would be meaningful to me in my life right now?

More on that after I ponder a bit.
One thing I can do is share pictures you may never have seen of my life or my family. I will start with my childhood pictures. Here is the first picture I have of me when I was a child. I was probably about four when this was taken.

1 comment:

Dave Whittle said...

Love it, Mom! You were really cute - now we see where so many of our cute kids got their cuteness. :-)